3D MANUFACTURING SYSTEM:
Special machine construction, software development, HMI, material qualification, process technology
Our task was to develop and implement an additive manufacturing system based on the paste extrusion process in order to help an EPDM granules manufacturer to expand its field of business. We were using elastomer-based (EPDM) granules and polyurethane binder as the processing materials. The goal of this project was to develop a system that allows precise mixing and dosing between both components and produce fine printed layers that meet the high-quality requirements.
Starting with identifying the requirements, limitations, and errors of the existing manufacturing process, we prepared initial concepts and drafts of a dosing and mixing system for mentioned materials. At the same time, we revised the existing system components and developed the system further to fulfill the requirements (e.g. flow optimization). And through the implementation of these additional system functions, the system can now expand its range of applications. We ran various experiments to validate the concepts and brought the project to successful completion.
- Analysing existing technologies and preparing a requirement profile
- Integrating the following disciplines: product management, procurement, sales, and production
- Establishing a viable manufacturing process
- Identifying action steps and preparing decisions for further strategy
- Continuously developing and evaluating the manufacturing process
- Planning and implementing the system concept
- Overseeing technical project management and coordinating external project partners
- Refining the manufacturing system until it is ready for production