3D MANUFACTURING SYSTEM: PLOTTER
Special machine construction, material qualification, process technology
Our task was to develop and implement an additive manufacturing system based on the paste extrusion process in order to help an EPDM granules manufacturer to expand its field of business. We were using elastomer-based (EPDM) granules and polyurethane binder as the processing materials. The goal of this project was to develop the system further and optimize the manufacturing process. The development focused on the optimization of the manufacturing process and the material itself.
Our first steps involved analyzing the process and identifying the potentials for optimization. After consecutive concept planning and problem-solving, we successfully validated these potentials through a series of tests. Through these improvements, we were able to reduce the production times and significantly improve the product quality. We handed over the production system to the client in an optimized state and today it is ready for production.
- Identifying action steps and preparing decisions for further strategy
- Developing and validating manufacturing system process and material
- Further development and evaluation of the manufacturing process
- Overseeing technical project management coordinating external project partners
- Development of manufacturing systems up to production stage
- Qualifying various material systems